Thursday, March 8, 2007

International Women's Day

To women everywhere, "Happy International Women's Day!" Didn't know such a day existed? (Ok, maybe it's just me that wasn't up on this international celebration of women) Well, apparently March 8th is the day to celebrate women's accomplishments around the globe.
Read this to learn more. It was front page news here in our local paper, but unfortunately it has not yet been adopted as a legal holiday or jour ferié, (as they say here) but there is always hope! :)

In honor of this day dedicated to women everywhere, here's a little quiz to find out what European city you belong in. (Alright, I'm not sure if this quiz really honors women but it has an international theme and was fun to take!) I belong in Dublin, the description of which is shown below. It's a very accurate description of me but as for going wild on a pub crawl.....well?? maybe in my younger days and even then, I'm not so sure! (Lynn, you remember those days, was I wild??) Of course a pub crawl sounds a lot better these days now that they're smoke free in Dublin. We'll have to wait until 2008 for the bars here in France to be smoke free. I would say the bike ride is a little more my speed.

I've never been to Dublin but would love to go one day. Go ahead, take the quiz to see where you belong!

And finally to all the great women in history who struggled to make our lives easier today, MERCI BEAUCOUP!! As the saying goes......"You've come a long way baby"



You Belong in Dublin



Friendly and down to earth, you want to enjoy Europe without snobbery or pretensions.

You're the perfect person to go wild on a pub crawl... or enjoy a quiet bike ride through the old part of town.

4 comments:

deedee said...

I belong in Dublin, too.

That's a cute photo of your girls below. I can only imagine the surprise to find out that you were having identical twins!

Margie said...

Hi Meredith,

You got Dublin too? So, the question is...are you the perfect person to go wild on a pub crawl?!? :)

Yes, surprise is not quite the word to describe it when we found out about the twins. Although we didn't find out the sex before our son was born,(we wanted it to be a surprise!)with the girls I definitely had to know, I had had enough surprises.

Betty Carlson said...

I had that quiz on my blog too. My whole family apparently belongs in Amsterdam. We redid the quiz, though, and found that one key answer could determine the result - -choosing Seattle as a favorite American city seemed to lead, automatically, to Amsterdam. Fun quiz, though.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marge,

Dublin for me too! Maybe we can all meet for a pub crawl -- and celebrate International Women's Day. On second thought, let's just go on that bike ride. Just thinking about a pub crawl makes my head hurt.