Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Carnaval a little early and Happy Valentine's Day!






What to do on (yet again) a rainy day? Dress up of course. Kevin was thrilled to get his cowboy set, actually he's a sheriff complete with hat with a star on it, his sheriff's badge, gun, holster and extra bullets. Such a classic boy look and I couldn't resist getting it for him although I really don't like the gun aspect to it. He assures me he's protecting the town and won't hurt anyone.
When I saw my daughter the other day using a chicken thigh from her fake food set as a gun I couldn't help but laugh. They will find ways to invent their own toys.
As for the girls, we had Winnie the Pooh and a roll of Lifesavers running around chasing the Sheriff. Or Winnie chasing the roll of Lifesavers saying "yum, yum, I like candy, I'm going to eat you up!" They obviously can't wait for Carnival which is not for another month here in town, and thought they should practice with their costumes on. It's basically Halloween part deux in our house. Except Kevin was a Knight this past Halloween and the girls were Winnie and princess Cinderella.
As for Valentine's day here in France, it's certainly not the Hallmark event it is in the U.S. although the florists do try their best to sell their flowers. Heart shaped cookies and candy were very appreciated by my little ones. The girls really love hearts so this is their day! Lots of coloring going on with a Valentine theme.
As my husband is off we're planning to watch a movie this evening, relax and enjoy eachother's company. That's a perfect Valentine's evening to me!
Happy Valentine's Day to you all! As they say here.....GROS BISOUS!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hi Mea,
I think that your children look adorable in their costumes !
I'am sure that you never have a dull day at home.When it's rainy or snowing, you have to be very imaginative to keep the troups happy & occupied !
Have a nice Valentine's evening with your husband :)